1. Download EQ2EMu Client Downloader
2. Unzip contents of eq2emu-downloader.zip into an easy location.
3. Run or depending on your windows folder view settings.
*** Notice: If you have issues, right click and 'Run as Administrator' ***
What you should see when you launch the program.
4. Inside the zips folder you will see another folder called EQ2EMU-Client. Copy this folder wherever you want the EQClient to reside (The whole EQ2EMU-Client folder)
5. Locate and edit the eq2_default.ini in your EQ2EMU-Client folder to enable connection to the play test server zeklabs.com. Change the line cl_ls_address to match the following: cl_ls_address eq2emu.com:9100
What you should see in eq2_default.ini
6. Run EverQuest2.exe in your EverQuest 2 directory, be patient as client can take a while to load.
6a. NOTE On the login screen the bottom two boxes (Character/World) should be left blank. Username/Password used to login will be your username/password for that account going forward.
WARNING: DO NOT RUN "EQ2.EXE" OR "LAUNCHPAD.EXE"! IF YOU DO YOU RISK PATCHING YOUR CLIENT AND REQUIRE UNINSTALL/REINSTALL. WE RECOMMEND DELETING OR RENAMING BOTH "EQ2.EXE" and "LAUNCHPAD.EXE" SO YOU DON'T RUN IT BY MISTAKE!
7. Login with a username and password of your choice, if rejected the username is already taken, try another.