Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things are starting to come together

So eq2emu is such a mess that their "tools" don't even work with the DB the provide. I've started work bringing it up to date.

Some stuff is hardcoded MySQL passwords for a couple of users in their source. That's worrisome as to how much work went into this stuff. Even if its fake passwords..still!

Every mob is double/triple/quadruple spawned. Nothing has loot really. Once I get some of these zones down (going to start with antonica) I'll start working on the code. I plan to start with the broker stuff since its as broken as their opsec.
Thanks given by:

(01-03-2020, 12:30 AM)devn00b Wrote:  So eq2emu is such a mess that their "tools" don't even work with the DB the provide. I've started work bringing it up to date.

Some stuff is hardcoded MySQL passwords for a couple of users in their source. That's worrisome as to how much work went into this stuff. Even if its fake passwords..still!

Every mob is double/triple/quadruple spawned. Nothing has loot really. Once I get some of these zones down (going to start with antonica) I'll start working on the code. I plan to start with the broker stuff since its as broken as their opsec.

---------------

That's great. A few points. Quote function is javascript void, and Reply function is operating like Quote.

That said, I am an elite player from your previous EQ PVP Emulated Server. I am interested to see whether you can reign in a sense of class balance. Did you play EQ2 personally to know enough about that? 
Thanks given by: devn00b

Heya! I'm going to tackle your questions in order of you asking them.

Quote function works in the 3 browsers I tried, regardless of the void.

Reply is a quote for a single message, Quote lets you quote several messages in a reply. It is a bit..confusing.

Both @image and I Played EQ2 from launch till DoV. I was in one of the worldwide #1 guilds (The one that had the developer Aerilk, in it and the drama from that ended up killing EQ2Flames.

Class balance is always a challenge regardless of the game. We will have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

Also, I want to note that most of my frustration towards the eq2emu, and their dev team, in my original post was....born out of frustration.
We now have a great combined team of people working on the issues. Richardo/Xonis.io is working on a totally badass db editor to simplify things. And things are moving along well.

Keep an eye here or in our discord for updates.
Thanks given by:

Thank you so much for this!
Thanks given by:

(06-17-2020, 10:29 PM)Nicodemus Wrote:  Thank you so much for this!

Most welcome.
Thanks given by:

I was honestly surprised at how much was playable when I started running around and testing things. You're all doing an awesome job getting this off the ground.
Thanks given by: devn00b