Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Welcome to Zek Labs

If you were expecting to see the old EQPVP site, well let me be the 1st to welcome you to the future. You should probably update your bookmarks to point to this site. ** If you can see this your on the NEW server **

I'm sure you have many questions so let me answer a few that have already been asked.

Discord Link

https://discord.gg/5Cavm9NYQf

Why is your old site redirecting here?

That site was getting quite old, and rather than maintaining 2 sites I decided to archive it, and redirect traffic here.

What are your plans?

I plan to build a small team of people to help me with this. And to that end, if you wish to help with the DB, or LUA quests let me know here, or on Discord

I intend to move the base eq2emu code/database forward and get a complete server available for everyone.

This is a big undertaking and won't be done overnight. GuildWars 1 -> Zek Season 8 was a constant evolution and I expect this to be no less. Right now just going through doing some rough fixes as I learn their commands (no # commands anymore, is hurting my brain) while finding what is, and isn't working as expected.

When can we expect a public server? Even a rough one.

There is no real ETA here. There is a lot to be done before I even consider it.

Anyway, welcome to our new home. If you find any bugs on the site, of course, let me know. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask them.

Is everything open source?

Yes, currently everything is available via our Git server (link). In the future, we may have some closed source bits, but those will be related to features that apply only to our server (IE custom stuff). All updates of relevance have been fed back upstream to EQ2EMu. Any/All EQ2EMu developers are invited to join our discord development channel.

Current Development Team:

Devn00b: Team Lead/Content.
Image: Lead Developer/Content.
LethalEncounter: Developer/Content.

//edit 2/28/21: Corrected Discord link. Note, should the link above fail the link found on the main page (IE https://www.zeklabs.com/) in the upper right-hand menu section should be correct.
[Image: e0d6ecedbe083f26c2aa2b756f602d14.png]
Thanks given by: